Diving information diving site dive mactan island moalboal cabilao balicasag apo smilon siquijor padi license diving beginner adventure diving diver
Diving information diving site mactan island moalboal cabilao balicasag apo smilon siquijor padi license diving beginner adventure diving diver
Dive Sites Information
Cebu is located in the middle of the Philippine islands. Known as a world class diving destination because of its water temperature through the year which is 27-30C, the best for tropical fishes and drop off with the coral terrace around the island that has the water depth of 30m-50m that goes up to 50m-300m depth with 45 degree sloop.The popular diving spots destination are Hilutungan Island, the Moalboal and Pescador in the southern part of Cebu, Cabilao and Balicasag in Bohol, Apo Island in Negros and Siquijor Island.
However, because of the distant of some diving spots, Mactan Island in Cebu is already enough for divers who are billeted at area resorts, they opted to dive in a neighborhood diving spots, the likes of Hilutungan Island, a marine and fish sanctuary, the Mactan Island dives is now being enjoyed by divers, the Tingo Island dive, where you can find by chance a Thresher shark. Aside from being a perfect diving spots, Mactan, Cebu is also accessible to have it on season and weather timing, among others.
Diving Around the Islands of Cebu
Famous Cebu Based Scuba Diving Resorts Include;
1) Cebu City and Mactan Island,
the center of diving industry, which serve blooming dive sites nearby Mactan, with lots of marine sanctuaries, the Hilutungan and Nalusuan Island,among others,as base also of diving trip to Bohol, Negros, Malapascua, Moalboal, with world class hotels and resorts.
2) Moalboal Dive Resorts,
located in southwest of Cebu, 80kms. away and 3 hours drive from Cebu City, with beautiful dive sites, especially the Pescador Island.
3)Malapascua Island Dive Resorts,
located beside in northeast tip of Cebu, 100kms. away and 5 hours drive and boat ride from Cebu City, famous ;with thresher sharks ( visible at early morning ) and manta rays.( Diving in Moalboal Malapascua, overnight stay is advisable, so with dive safaris )
Other Diving Base Nearby Cebu:
1) Alona Dive Resort, Panglao Island, Bohol,with fantastic dive sites, especially in Balicasag Island(class A)
2) Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, which serve the Apo(class A), Sumilon Siquijor Islands
K I Marine Sports Center’s
Dive Shop is based in the center of Mactan Resort Hotels, mainly serve the famous dive sites nearby Mactan, the Hilutungan Island and Nalusuan Is. Marine Sanctuaries and many more variety of dive sites .Please view our location and services, with Dive safaris, Discovery Diving, Diving License and more.
Diving trips from Mactan;
*Cabilao Island, 8 hours, with 2 dives using pumpboat
* Balicasag Island ( 5 star dive site ) 12 hours, with 2 dives using pumpboat or 12 – 14 hours with 2 dives, by ferry to Tagbilaran, Bohol,with 30 minutes drive to Alona, Panglao Island, charter boat to Balicasag dive site and back to Cebu
* Moalboal, a day trip, by car ( 5-6 hours round trip drive ),charter boat to the dive site, with 2 dives(10~12 hrs trip )
* Apo Island ( 5 star dive site ), a day trip, by ferry to Dumaguete, Negros Oriental, charter boat to the dive site, with 2 dives and back to Cebu ( 12 – 14 hrs. trip )
* Sumilon Island, by car, charter boat and back to Cebu City, but not highly satisfactory